So I regret to inform you TRPS' relaunch will be delayed yet again. Currently, we are considering three separate dates for the relaunch, those are 7/3/18, 11/11/18, and 3/7/19. We are open to feedback on which day you'd prefer. However, there are a few reasons for the launch being delayed. Firstly, most of the staff suffers from depression issues and we've all been having a rough time as of late, but we are fighting together and putting up a unified front. Second, most of the site depends on me, Egon, to write, the world exists in my head, and I am the one who does all the coding. That being said, I, very recently, started in a new career with a very adult seeming 9-5 accounting job. However, I didn't previously study accounting so, for the last month, I have been desperately learning accounting and have spent my nights after getting off work laying in my bed in a brain saturated funk. Obviously, I can't work on the site in a state where I can't even watch TV.
That said our wonderful staff are trying to help me by taking what they can and we've been brainstorming some clever new things to make the site better when it does return.
The first step is, of course, this new blog. It'll keep me connected more with you members, seeing if people are interested in returning will help inspire me to work on the site harder after all. So, please, if your still interested and over the age of 18 (See below), please comment and let us know if you are excited about the site returning. There will be many new updates and changes to the site which I plan on going over here shortly.
- First of all the site will be going 18+. This is for a few reasons. The main three are as follows. One, the setting has always been fairly adult and I want to lean into the darkness of the lore and violence of the setting, as well as explore a bit more of the sexual side of the setting. Second, most of the hate mail came from our younger users, after the site shut down from my depression. And third, almost all our warns and problem users in the past were younger kids. We are getting older and its time the site evolves to match that. That being said we are not becoming a sex RP site. We won't be changing our purpose or setting much; just restricting it to keep the kiddos safe.
- Second, we are resetting the counter and taking the world back to its core self. Previously, we had made it all the way up to S9, the 9th version of the site and its mythos. However, I am reverting back to 1 and going with a core version of the site, expanded with everything I've learned over the last decade of doing this. I will be releasing a few new races that hadn't been discovered on past servers while bringing the world back to its purest form. It will be interesting and a lot more deep than S9, which was developed by our staff more than me, that was more of a fanfic of our lore.
- Finally, we plan on expanding our offerings to fit the expanded lore. I have staff that are working on preparing faux radio shows that would be playing within the setting as well as other interactive things to help immerse you all into the lore better. We are open to suggestions on more that we can do. Our community staff has been going crazy coming up with all sorts of new things under my twinny, Emmy. I'm really excited for what we can get accomplished in the coming months before launch.
Things that will never change:
- The community. Although it's been almost 2 years since the site shut down, my focus has not changed. TRPS has always been a place that feels like family and although I've been away from some of you for quite a while, I do look forward to when I finally get to come home. Hopefully, this blog will be a bit of a homecoming. Most of our staff are TRPS veterans with only one newcomer, my Twinny Emmy, who is basically me. So do not worry the staff shares the same values of family.
- The world. Delanith, despite its many face lifts and changes over the year, has basically stayed the same as it was back in 2005. Names may change, I may flood the entire world, but the core will always be there. Look forward to seeing the fresh looks of your favorite cities, Discord, Noctum, Diem, and Delania will all be back and in fighting form now that there's a continent rather than islands again.
- Our values. TRPS has always been, and will always be an inclusive place that accepts the freaks and the damaged people of the world. We love you normies but TRPS' motto has always been "It's not about who you are, it's about what you want to be." And, I truly believe that. It's part of why the site's community is so amazing. The years may change, the people may change, but TRPS and it's community, somehow, always remains the same. I truly love the kind of place we all make together and I have deeply missed it.
- Rule Zero. Everyone's favorite rule returns to the blog here. Don't be a dick!
With these updates made and, considering I had a very rough week at work, this ends my first news post. Future news posts will be made by either me, Silver, or Emmy coming in the future. Right now comments are able to be posted freely, but if you guys abuse it or harass each other, I'll have to turn on moderation and be all adminny which I'd really rather not do.
As always, I love you all and remember, it's not about who you are, it's about what you want to be.